Spreading Radon Awareness
KARP, a group of responsible members of the radon measurement testing, radon mitigation and radon laboratory analysis industries, is dedicated to prevent radon-induced lung cancer and saving lives through:
- increasing consumer awareness
- raising industry professionalism
- supporting effective radon policy
Dedication to Radon Education
Because of our commitment to spreading awareness, our mission involves sharing the following information with all residents of Kentucky:
- Radon causes Lung Cancer
- Radon is a naturally occurring radioactive gas that comes up out of the ground.
- Radon enters a home from the ground under a house through cracks or openings in the foundation, slab, or crawl space ground. When this occurs, radon can accumulate in dangerous levels.
- Radon is a Class A Human Carcinogen — the US EPA and Surgeon
- General estimate radon is responsible for more than 25,000 annual lung cancer deaths, making it the leading cause of lung cancer among non-smokers.
- Radon is part of mother nature and can occur in any house
To learn more about radon and what you can do to make sure your home is radon-free, explore our resources.